Monday, June 11, 2012

Using Flash to Develop Android Games and Earn a Living

Hello and welcome back to my blog.

This post will briefly cover two topics - firstly the release of my latest app, Stop Binge Eating, and secondly my new interest in creating Android games using flash animation.

Stop Binge Eating
My newest app is born from my own need, rather than to make money, but I have added a little to it in order to release it to the Google Play Store. It is a very basic app which simply provides a little advise to those who feel they are about to binge eat or have just done so. It also links to a new forum I started which is mainly for users of the app to discuss their binge eating issues.

I only posted the app earlier today so we will have to wait and see if it gets any downloads - it is, after all, very basic.

Using Flash to Develop Games for Android
For a long time I have assumed I would not be able to succeed in the game development side of Android application development, in order to earn a living. Game development is quite complex and time consuming. I had been looking into this recently, however, and discovered how (using the power of Adobe Air for Android), games can be developed very easily with knowledge in Flash (which is much easier than learning graphics programming in my opinion).

Unfortunately, I have little knowledge of Flash, but I am sure I will have lots of fun developing my first game very soon! I will, of course, let you know how it goes very soon.

My next post is now available here.
Thanks for reading,
Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment